You Are Reading

A Sense of Perspective






About a week ago I was sitting at home on my laptop surfing the internet trying to do work as per usual whilst fighting the urge to go on Facebook too much when I received this message on Facebook.

"Hey Joseph!
I don't know if you remember me, but I was in your book binding class. ( I did this french fold for my portfoilo and I remember you liked it) I know you might think this is so random that I added you but what I discovered yesterday was too interesting that I had to tell you. 

So last summer, while I was surfing this Korean site (kinda like Yahoo!), I stumbled upon your project. Back then I didn't know who you are and I absolutely had no clue that you were going to FIT as an exchange student. I remember loving your project and thought you were not aware that your work was on a Korean site, so I twitted this news to you. But you didn't reply so I was like.. well whatever and forgot about it.

Then yesterday, I just found out that this project was actually your work.

How weird is that?
What are the chances?
I thought you are just a design student who lives in England and I twitted you without thinking that I'm actually going to meet you somehow.

seriously,
this event totally changed my perspective."

This message was from Ja Young Kim, a girl who I'd met in my Bookbinding class whilst I was at FIT and who I had talked to quite a bit over the semester and who's final project was an amazing japanese stab bound, french folded portfolio of her work. My mind is still a little blown a week later and now I am starting to realise the real potential power of Twitter as a medium for recognising and connecting people.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.