You Are Reading

Melancholia



A couple of months ago me and my housemate Katrin went along to the Roxy bar and grill (where we had our film premiers last year) in London Bridge to watch 'Melancholia', a film by Lars Von Trier. I have always meant to post about it since but it has been at the back of my mind till the other week when I was talking to a friend about incredible movies to watch.

One of the most beautifully shot movies I have ever had the pleasure of watching it was also one of the most thought provoking and after it finished me and Katrin were talking about it's meaning and aesthetic until well after we got home. Odd, but then most of the best things are quite odd in themselves. Having watched the film and watching the trailer back now it's hard to work out but I cannot recommend watching this film enough. There are some many little amazing details that add up to make this film one of the best I've seen in a long time. Kirsten Dunst plays an amazing role, I feel like I could write an essay about the content and context of this film.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.